|Importation Process for Northern Cyprus
Customs Requirements for Importation of personal Effects into Northern Cyprus
New Residents bringing their Second Hand or Used Personal or Household Effects into Northern Cyprus ARE EXEMPT from payment of Custom Duty, VAT or other taxes.
Brand New Items will, however, NOT BE EXEMPT from these charges.
- Your original passport together with Two sets of Photocopies of the photo page
- A Copy of your House Title Deeds or Sales Contract
- A Resident’s Certificate (obtained from your local council)
- A Certificate from the Immigration Office in Lefkosa (Nicosia). This can only be obtained upon application in person. (This document will show a log of your arrival and departure dates into Northern Cyprus and is a customs requirement). The address of this office is : EUROMED SHIPPING LTD., Serbest Liman Bolgesi, Bolge No. 32; Gazimagosa.
- Three copies of a packing list is required in both English and Turkish. EUROMED’s Famagusta Agent will gladly assist with translation into Turkish if required.
- A copy of the Shipping Document (Bill of Lading) which will be provided by EUROMED’s Famagusta Agent
- A copy of the Delivery Order, once again this may be provided by EUROMED’s Famagusta Agent
- For a TV or a Music/Hi-Fi System, a licence is required, which may be obtained from TRNC Customs Authorities. The current fee for this licence is £10.00 and is liable to change.
- 2 Tax Stamps are also required, which can be through EUROMED’s Famagusta Agent. The cost of this is approximately 1YTL per stamp and is liable to change
Car and Motor Cycle Imports (Additional Documentary Requirements)
- Any personal Cars and Motorcycles imported into Northern Cyprus ARE NOT EXEMPT from Customs Duty, VAT or other Taxes.
- Cars and Motorcycles older than 5 years old are not allowed to be imported into Northern Cyprus. An allowance can be made, however, if the importer has owned the vehicle for at least 5 years and has resided abroad for at least 10 years.
- An Original Local Insurer’s Certificate is required
- An Original Driver’s Licence is required (Local or Foreign)
- An original Vehicle Registration Document in the Importer’s Name
The above information is also presented in the attached checklist for you to print off and use for your planning needs.